Thursday, August 28, 2014

Calming the Nerves

Hey, I’m back! I hope you missed me during my hiatus.

As passé as blogs have become, I realized that I just like writing. So at this point I’m just doing this for my own enjoyment. Who cares if anyone reads it.

I developed my love of writing from the article I wrote in Grade 2about the 1988 Olympics for our school newspaper (It was three sentences long)

And the play I wrote for our Grade 5 Drama Club which was a variation on The Three Little Pigs (spoiler alert: the Wolf turns out to be a vegetarian)

To the regional short story contest I entered (and got second…or maybe third) in Grade 7 about a girl with leukemia.  (If only had I published it I could have been the original Fault in Our Stars)

Of course the opinion paper I wrote in Grade 8 about the length of the hockey season (It wasn’t a very popular opinion)

The fake letter from a WWI solider I wrote for Grade 10 Social Studies. (Tear jerker!)

And finally the countless blogs I have written or attempted to write for the past 7 years.

I make no promises or commitments, but here is a small survey to ease myself back into the literary water.


Do you like someone?
Of course. I haven’t lived for the past 15 years without a crush.

If so, who?
Nice try.

Are you single?
Yes. Do you know anyone you can set me up with?

Who was the last person you texted?
My mom

What does the very last message in your inbox say?
Great. (Pretty juicy stuff, eh?)

What’s your favorite kind of music?
Folk/Indie

What’s your favorite band?
The Beatles

Is there a certain song that means something to you?
There are so many, but for right now,
HoneypieThe Beatles
See You—Peter Katz

Are you comfortable with yourself?
Sure.

Are you awkward?
I like to pretend I am awesomely confident

Do you have any pets?
No, but I threaten to get a cat every once and a while

What’s your favorite candy?
Right now it is Kit Kat Chunky

Favorite movie?
I tell people Singin’ in the Rain, but the real answer is Dan in Real Life

Favorite UFC fighter?
You know me so well

Favorite food?
Macaroni and Cheese

Animal?
Bird

Drink?
Berry Five Alive

Does anyone under your contacts list have a heart beside their name?
First of all I am not 15, and secondly I don’t know if I could figure out how to do that.

Does anyone like you?
I hope there are concourses of people.

Are you thinking about someone right now?
No, but I can if you would like me to.

What color is your hair?
Back to blonde.

Eyes?
Blue

Height?
5’4”

What time do you usually wake up in the morning?
7:02am (I like to think that extra two minutes makes a difference, but it really doesn’t)

How late do you usually stay up at night?
Much, much, much too late.

Do you dislike anyone?
Yes. Fingers crossed it’s not you.


So until next time, whenever that may be.
As Always,