Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You Can Call It A Comeback

Okay, no excuses. It has been more than a little stint since I last talk to all of you. Everyday I was gone I came up with excuses to not add another entry. Waiting until my next big adventure, always putting off writing until tomorrow, but let's be honest, my heart just wasn't in it anymore.

Sure I looked at my blog every once and while and had pangs of disappointment and guilt. Wracking my brain for the best comeback story of all time, but there was just nothing there. The girl who never had troubles finding something to say was finally quiet.

Life has moved on in the interim. Jenny and I did go to Las Vegas, although by now it seems almost too blurry. It took us about half a day to realize that we had probably gone on vacation to the wrong place, and a day and half before we would actually admit it. I am sure that there are lovely people who live in Las Vegas, Jenny and I just didn't happen to meet any of them while we were there.


Photographic evidence to prove we were there. Let's not get into why there are so few pictures of our trip.

So for right now, until I figure out exactly how to get back into blogging, if at all, I uhm, "borrowed" this questionnaire from a friend's blog. Cop out, you bet!

Be Rich or Famous?
Considering I am already rich, and not just in a "rich in spirit" kind of way, I am going to say famous. Besides anyone who has seen Hard Day's Night has already heard John Lennon say, "Money won't buy you happiness, my boy." Truer words have never been spoken.

Have an amazing Shoe collection or an amazing Makeup collection?
I am going to blame this one on the fact that I am Canadian and sometimes the only sensible footwear are your winter boots. What kind of girl I am if I am not really into shoes? Well, it's not that I am not into them completely, I just am kinda picky.

On the other hand there is so much makeup that I secretly pine for, but just can't bring myself to spend money on .

Be able to Sing or be able to Dance?
I really don't care if I could do either. I've got part of the Olsen Family Singers who I can call on should I ever need to perform a musical number and my new sister-in-law is a dancer. Problems solved.

But, and it's only because I don't possess a dancing gene and for reasons unknown the Church is still going with the dance thing as ways for singles to meet, I wish I could actually dance, or actually enjoy dancing.

Receive a bouquet of Flowers or a box of Chocolates?
Receiving flowers at work would be awesome, so long as there was a good story to tell from who sent them to me. But who would turn down chocolate?

Go without Brushing your teeth for a year or go without Washing your hair for a year?
I've thought about this for a while and I am going to go with brushing your teeth. I know that sounds bad, but hear me out. These people never said anything about flossing, mouthwash, gum or even wiping a paper towel across your teeth. Hair, on the other hand doesn't have so many options, dry shampoo and shaving your head are only going to work for so long.

Drink Coffee or Tea?
Of course you know the answer is neither. I feel that if I did drink these I would have to add so much sugar, cream and ice to them that the purpose would be defeated.

Converse or Stilettos?
I can't really get into Converse. There would be so little time for me to actually wear them that they would just look dumb. I really don't think I can pull off Converse at work, even on casual Fridays.

Be a Fairy or a Mermaid?
The answer is for sure not Mermaid. First of all you are part fish and you would have to live underwater. I've watched those deep sea documentaries and the Ocean is pretty gross.

Have your dream House or your dream Car?
I already have my dream-ish car. My dream car is anything that has a 2 at the beginning of the year it was made. At this point I would settle for a house. I am in the process of looking for somewhere to live by myself and sadly I have not been able to find anything to match my standards. I'm sorry that living in a basement without windows doesn't seem like such a good idea.

Ask or Answer?
Of course answer, that is why over the years I have filled out so many of these type of questionnaires.

Laugh or Smile?
Laugh. A long time ago I lived with a bunch of girls and when people were stressed, one of my roommates would insist that they laugh to make themselves feel better. It always worked. We usually ended up in a pile on the floor with tears streaming down our faces. It was the best entertainment we had, but then again we didn't have cable, the internet or even a computer at that point.

Would you rather skip Christmas or skip your Birthday?
Always birthday. Birthdays are just awkward. But I am excited for our postponed Christmas this year due to my parent's move. (Oh. I guess I forgot that my parents are moving. Now you know.)

See a movie at the Theater or at Home?
I am a movie talker. Over the years I have learning that theater people really don't appreciate movie talkers. At home movies are a lot more freeing.

Spend or Save?
I have found that when you have money there is nothing that you want to buy, it is only when you don't have money that you feel like everything should make its way home with you.

Have a picnic at the Park or on the Beach?
How is the beach a good place at all to have a picnic? The name is confusing, but you really don't need sand in your sandwich.

Kids, I'll get this thing figure out one way or another. But I take solace in the fact that I am not the only one who has abandoned their blog.

Good luck to us all.

As Always,

2 comments:

Leinani said...

When I checked my dashboard and saw that you'd made a new entry, I had to do a double-take because I couldn't believe it. Hope all is going well for you and good luck with the house hunt!
<3

T-rudy said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the little update as well :)