Monday, July 25, 2011

Either My Best Idea Or My Craziest

Well, as you can tell I kinda got bored with my music posts. Thirty days is hard, and it is especially hard to write when the questions are uninspiring. What song can you play on a musical instrument? (It was going to be this one...and surprisingly on a record....just like The Friendly Giant) (Watch that last one just for Jerome's dancing. Oh Canadian TV you are awesome!)

Anyways on to today's news. A handful of weeks ago I turned 30. Yes. 30.  Now to say that this change of decade was a smooth transition would be false. I called Jenny more than a few times in a panic. Jenny tried to help me understand that it was only a number and that it was the anticipation that was the worst part, but I still had a minor meltdown...or two.

At one point I told Jenny that I just needed to get out of town. Go somewhere far away and escape from it all. Not being much of a traveler or very spontaneous I am not sure that Jenny believe my threat. I hung up the phone and search for a cheap place to live out my adventure.

With limited time and somewhat limited money I only had a few choices. When I stumbled on an amazing sale to Las Vegas, I quickly abandoned my first choice of Disneyland for the adult city. I called Jenny and told her I  had planned us a vacation. I am glad that it didn't take too much arm twisting to convince Jenny to come with me.

Jenny and I have both only driven through Las Vegas on our way out of the desert. We have no definite plans, other than the Cirque du Soleil Beatles Love Show. (How could we not?) I have spent the last month gathering advice from everyone and everywhere. Do you have any Las Vegas words of wisdom for us? Any must see or must avoid places?

I am a mix of nerves and excitement. Another airplane ride and the idea that our whole vacation is just a random set of letters in a computer have me a bit on edge, but another vacation with my dear Jenny and a chance to really get away from it all, have me hardly able to sleep.

Our adventure begins on Thursday.  Just finishing up all of my piled up work and figuring out what to pack and then it is Viva Las Vegas!

1 comment:

Danny, Vanessa, + Jane said...

So excited for you to go to Las Vegas! Even though it's not the most virtuous city, you still need to visit it at least once. I'm sure you can find some really fun stuff to do. :) Have fun!