Saturday, June 04, 2011

Like I Never Occured

Day 4--A Song That Makes You Sad

Definitely more than enough time has passed to tell this story. A long time ago, in fact the last time the Seahawks and Steelers played each other in the Superbowl, I got my heart broken. I didn't write about it at the time because the guy use to...and hopefully still does...read my blog. But that was a long time ago so I think the story is free to tell.

After confessing my undying love in an email of all places, I got an email in response that said, "We need to talk." I knew this wasn't going to be the happy ending I had wanted and suggested we meet Tim Hortons to get my heart broken.

After a long amount of awkward silence my one true love began to list all of the reasons he didn't want to date me. The conversation ended with him suggesting that I should begin to channel all of my energy into jogging. To this day I am still not sure if I should be offended by this or not.

Sad and dejected I went home to wallow in my own self pity. My roommates helped fill my time with everything except the suggest jogging and we spent the next couple of days eating cheesecake and watching horrifically sappy movies.

A week after my Tim Hortons breakup, I found an email from the guy with the lyrics to a song he thought he would dedicate to me. The song did nothing to make me feel better and if anything it had an adverse reaction.

Okay. So that was a long time ago. I've gotten over it and moved on. Heaven knows it all worked out for the best. But sometimes, when I just in one of those moods, this song still strikes some nerve.

Someday You Will Be Loved--Death Cab For Cutie

No comments: