Monday, October 20, 2008

You Really Can’t Write This Stuff

Happy Blogiversary! I didn’t realize until late Friday afternoon that three years have now gone by since I started sharing my days in my life. After a few quick calculations, I realize in just a short year I have written 177 new entries, which crazily works out to approximately 14.75 post a month, 3.69 posts a week. I have been busy!

To say that the weekend was crazy would be a huge understatement. Huge! But thankfully we all survived, although I am not sure all of us caught up on our sleep, yet.

I got home on Friday with just enough time to pack before we headed out for the RS retreat. With only ten of us attending, we were all looking forward to a quiet night listening to how our Bishop and his wife met, as they were spending Friday evening with us, when all of the sudden, without much warning, everything went pretty haywire.

Now I don’t have any sisters, but I have been to Young Women’s Camp and have seen the effects of too much estrogen in a room. Without warning, one of the girls started crying, telling all of us about how much she doesn’t want to go to church anymore because no one ever talks to her. The rest of us, wondering what sparked this new topic, tried to make this girl feel better and offered suggestions as to what she could do to enjoy church more, but none of it seemed to help. The conversation dragged on for hours, and by the time the Bishop left, all of us were exhausted from the impromptu intervention that had just occurred.

By the morning things had somewhat returned to normal, however, I am requesting a retreat do over. I left my stress free home only to retreat to insanity. It was anything but relaxing. We did have some fun in the interim, compounding with the little to no sleep, a quasi-frustrating class in how to crochet and more food then any of us ever wanted. I think I at least need another weekend to recover.

A big thanks to Amy who insisted I watch Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog. I had heard about it months ago, however, had never made time to actually watch it. My love for Neil Patrick Harris seriously grows everyday. What a great way to round out an already bizarre weekend.

Thanks to Book Club for making things happen.

Good Luck with this next week.

As Always,

2 comments:

Laura said...

I can't believe you hadn't seen Dr. Horrible yet... it's magical!

LeitaAnn said...

DO OVER!