Wednesday, June 08, 2011

You Mean Every Word You Say

Day 8--A Song That You Know All The Words To

I know the words to a lot of songs. Songs like this one. But I guess that more than once knowing the words to songs has really saved the day.

Like the time I was in show choir (yes, we can all laugh about that) and during the big concert the girl singing the solo forgot the lyrics to this classic. I stopped my background ooo's and helped her finish the number.

But I think my favourite story really proved the point that you shouldn't sing the song if you don't know the words.

My friends and I use to frequent a local coffee shop. On Friday and Saturday nights semi-professional talent entertained the patrons. But one night seemed to be amateur night, as the entertainment was just  a couple of kids with guitars.

The group announced their last song and after the introduction was played the lead singer froze not knowing what even the first words were. Thankfully Ashley and I were there to save the day and we loudly sang the song and helped the band get back on track.

Faith--George Michael

No comments: